Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Motherhood: Overcoming Sickness

The morning began with sweet baby Giselle's whimpering coughing, while I cleaned the mountain of tissues stacked on the side of my bed. What can I say...our entire family has been sick with some sort of mucus cold/evil bug! One of the hardest lessons I have learned from being a parent is that it is the WORST to be sick while your child and husband are also sick.  

Another factor for the week was not only sickness, but Jacob's finals.  Seriously, what a stressful week! Last night after Jacob arrived home from school, I had no energy to go to the store and buy food for dinner. I started scavenging our food storage (thank goodness we have that).  I found ingredients to make chicken noodle soup. The soup tasted so good, but not as good as chocolate ;) .  Last night I truly understood the importance of building a stock pile. Having an extra supply of food is not only for the zombie apocalypse (surprise...surprise), but for times of need. 

The past two days I have prayed hard to gain strength to get out of bed and help my sweet Giselle. Looking back at this past week I have seen so many blessings poured out on my family.  I have been blessed with patience, love, compassion, knowledge, service and strength to make it through this evil mucus cold that viciously attacked my family. Lesson of the week: Service creates love, especially during times of trials. My love for both my husband and daughter has grown immensely this week as I rocked my daughter to sleep, washed the dishes, made muffins for the hubby and held his hand, while whispering "everything will be okay". I am so blessed with the love of a lifetime.   

4 comments:

  1. You sound like the best wife and mommy, Tiffany! I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you Annalise! Hope life is treating you great!

      Delete
  2. Such hard, but sweet lessons! Hope all the bugs take a hike soon! So glad you're blogging, Tiff, I will be checking in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the bugs go away soon too! Thanks for checking in - xo

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik