Recently I found a box of old jeans from the high school days. After reminiscing, I started brainstorming crafts involving jeans. Then the lightbulb hit "4th of July flower headband."
-Hot Glue Gun
-Thinner White Lace
-Red Lace Trim
-White Stretchy Lace
-Old Pearl Necklace or Pearls
-2 (2 inch diameter) Felt Circles
Steps:1. Cut (6-8) roughly 2x2 inch jean squares. I like to vary in sizes, for example: 2x3's & 2x2's. This will give the flower a unique look!
2. Place a drop of hot glue in the center of the jean cutout.
5. Add any additional folds you want and remember there is no wrong way :)
6. Repeat this step 6-8 times depending on how full you want the flower.
7. Cut a circle out of the felt, roughly 2 inches in diameter.
8. Start gluing the backside of the jean flower to the felt.
9. Cut the thin white lace into 1.5 inch strips.
10. Place on the flower petal in a "star shape." Then glue the lace strips down fast! Hot!! Don't burn yourself!
11. Now cut 6 small jean squares (1x1).
12. Repeat the same folding technique .
13. Glue the smaller jean triangle petals onto the flower.
14. Now cut (6) 1 inch red lace strips.
15. Glue the red lace strips underneath the smaller triangle petals. Now it's starting to look good ;)
18. Cut another piece of felt 2 inches in diameter.
19. Place the lace in between the two pieces of felt and glue like crazy! Show that lace who is boss!
Now you have an adorable lace flower headband made strictly in the U.S.A perfect for the upcoming holiday! Happy 4th of July! Thanks for reading, and please let me know if you have any questions.