Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How To Strengthen Your Marriage To Unthinkable Heights

Make your Marriage Last a Lifetime

Why is it so hard to step outside our comfort zone? Maybe it's fear or maybe it's that we are too comfortable.  Marriage comes with changes,whether it's a difference in how to put the dishes away, hobbies, family traditions, the way to fold socks or a number of things. Before my husband and I got married, we were given excellent advice. 


God gave you both 
different interests and talents,
that's what will make 
your marriage 
STRONG.
Grow together 
and LEARN to LOVE
what your spouse loves.
Doing this will make 
your LOVE GROW
 to unthinkable heights. 

I started losing sight of this important principle. Our marriage started to feel one-sided my way or his way. After a week or so of this I promised myself to start trying new things that he enjoyed.

Recently I noticed my husband was overwhelmed and overworked. Poor guy! What could I do to help? Then I realized free fish day was the next day. He had taken me fishing once while I was pregnant and it was hot and muddy, not to mention all the bugs.  Anyways, I took him fishing, and you should have seen his smile... he was so surprised! 

Fishing Trip

Summer Fishing Trip


My love for him grew to a new level that day. Seeing him happy, made me happy too.  Love blossoms in the places we least expect it too.  Now I love fishing as long as I have bug spray and sunscreen! Isn't that funny, I normally would have never gone fishing, but now I really do enjoy spending the day with my hubby trying to catch a nice big trout! 

Family Summer Fishing Trip

Summer Family Fishing Trip


Marriage is not about who is right and who is wrong. Marriage is all about learning to love your spouse in new ways. One of the best ways I have found now to work on that is through supporting my husband in what HE loves to do. Yes, he supports me too if you are wondering that. I love LOVE sewing and crafty projects and he always takes the time to help watch the baby so I can let my creativity shine! We don't always do all of our hobbies together, but we certainly work hard to try new things. So, try something your spouse loves and see why it makes them happy. As you see your spouse doing what they love, your love for them will grow. What are you waiting for... let your marriage grow to unthinkable heights. 

-Tiffany

20 comments:

  1. I love this! There is nothing more important than strong marriages. My parents just celebrated their 60th and it makes me so thankful for the Lord's blessing on them. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60th Anniversary? That's an accomplishment and great example! Congrats to them! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. very nice....my husband actually does support me in the things that I like to do.
    He doesn't do anything but work, play his game on the computer and watch tv. I wish he would get a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your husband supports you! Maybe you both could try a new hobby together :) Thanks for stopping in

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I am looking for crafty guests to post on my blog Blissful & Domestic. I know my readers would love to see one of your inspiring posts on my blog. Let me know if that is something you'd be interested in. Send me an email.

    Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
    blissful_and_domestic@yahoo.com
    www.blissfulandomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Danielle! I would love the opportunity :) I sent an email your way-

      Delete
  4. What a sweet post!
    I need to find more ways to help my husband feel better when he is stressed. Maybe doing a hobby together would help. He is actually taking a huge test tomorrow, so the hobbies will have to wait another 24 hours.
    I found you on Natasha of Oz and am following you on Google+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Good luck to your husband! Hobbies are a fun way to strengthen your marriage - even if it requires getting your hands dirty while fishing ;)

      I just started following you on Google+
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. How lovely itis so important to cherish your relationship together and be thankful for why you married each other in the first place. Such an uplifting post, I found you on Natasha In Oz the #saygdayparty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. Love this! Marriage is hard work, but boy that work is so worth it!! Thanks for encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I will party again with you ladies this weekend!

      Delete
  8. Great post! Pinned. Hugs! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wise words from someone so young.! Marriage is 50/50 and I think it's so important to show interest in what the other person likes. My hubby is an avid fisherman. Mostly fly fishes with a friend, but I love going anywhere with him in the great outdoors. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jann! Glad you liked the post :) Have a great weekend

      Delete
  10. Found your blog on the blog hop.....and boy did I need this post today. We had to make some changes to our summer vacation plans and everything seemed to hinge on my hubby's NEED for a pool table. I'm so over searching for vacation spots but I guess I should be a lil more patient for his sake...especially considering he's usually always patient with me. Great post and nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you took the time to read this post. :) I totally agree, patience is so important in marriage! Best wishes with your summer plans!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik