Friday, September 19, 2014

Family History Baby Names

Lately I have been researching my family history. Who knew learning about ancestors could be fun? I feel like a nerd, but seriously the studying has brought a new level of family unity. It's hard to explain, but I feel I know more about myself now. Family history work has been similar to a treasure hunt lately. Finding journal entries, love letters and other fun artifacts has been a great way to learn about where I come from. Maybe I will share a story or two in the future. 

Who knows maybe a great hero is waiting to be discovered from your family history? Why not dig into history and find buried treasure? Family research not only brings unity, but also fun names! Are any of your children named after a favorite ancestor? 

After all the family research I decided to highlight German baby names this week (I should have been eating a bratwurst and pretzel while writing! Darn, maybe next time).So, which German name is your favorite? Hmmm... I cannot decide which name is best! 


Here is where I party!


8 comments:

  1. What great names. I have some German heritage and will have to keep these names in mind. Boys names are harder. I like Emmett a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for doing some family history! I wouldn't know where to start! Luckily my aunts have done a lot of family history already. For some reason, I like the name Miles. I also think Brynner sounds so...manly? Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still a bit lost on family history, but I keep trying. Hopefully one day I will become better. ;) I love brynner too!

      Delete
  3. My husband's ancestors are German and his name is Phillip! Pretty neat:) Thanks for sharing this with us at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Phillip is such a strong name :) Love it!

      Delete
  4. I like Conrad and Gunner...love Gunner.

    Thanks so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday last week. We hope to see you again there this week. Our party would not be such a growing success without you :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those names too! Thanks I will visit the party again this week :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik