Monday, February 2, 2015

50 Healthy Salad Recipes


Last summer I realized I had gained weight. I remember stepping on the scale and thinking 

"oh my heck, how did I gain 20 lbs!"

Before my daughter was born I could eat cake or candy and wouldn't really have to worry about working the extra calories off. Pha! I miss those days! 

After coming home from the hospital with my sweet newborn. I assumed that my body would shed the weight "naturally." Yeah...that sure as heck didn't happen.

After six months I realized my body needed a change.  I started substituting chips, crackers and cookies for healthier alternatives. During the first month I lost 10 lbs! As of today I've lost 20 lbs. Woo-hoo! My sweet husband also started eating healthier and lost 30 lbs. He is my rock, without him I would have struggled hard with weight loss. 

Having a support system is essential. 

I love planning healthy meals with him and not mention cooking together. ;) Our weight lose experience has helped us grow closer.

I've compiled a list of my family's favorite salads below. Hope you enjoy the list and best wishes with eating healthy!

Salad Recipes

Chicken

  1. Healthy Chef Salad @+iFOODreal 
  2. Pina Colada Chicken Salad @+Six Sisters' Stuff 
  3. Thai Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce @My Kitchen Escapades
  4. Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad @Linda Wagner
  5. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad@Tablespoon.com
  6. Grilled Pineapple, Chicken and Avocado Salad @Gimme Some Oven
  7. Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad @Tastes Better From Scratch

Beef

  1. Balsamic Honey Grilled Steak Salad and Vinaigrette@Mom On Time Out 
  2. Vietnamese Grilled Beef Salad @Use Real Butter
  3. Thai Ground Beef Salad @Recipe.com
  4. Spinach Salad with Steak & Blueberries @Eating Well
  5. Grilled Steak Salad with Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing @A Southern Soul
  6. Steak Salad with Roasted Corn, Strawberries and Blue Cheese @Stuck on Sweet
  7. Cheeseburger Salad With Big Mac Dressing @Can You Stay For Dinner
Turkey
  1. Healthy Taco Salad@Pocket Change Gourmet 
  2. Blackberry, Bacon & Blue Cheese Salad @Lemon Tree Dwelling
  3. Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon and Pecorino @Sugar & Grace
  4. Turkey Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette @Dixie Crystals 
  5. Turkey Cobb Salad @+Martha Stewart 
  6. Spinach Pretzel Salad @+Six Sisters' Stuff 

Pork

  1. Cafe Rio Pork Salad @+Favorite Family Recipes 
  2. Sweet Pork Salad with Mango Dressing @Oh, Sweet Basil
  3. Southwest Salad with Pork @+The Weary Chef 
  4. Pulled Pork Cobb Salad @+Cook Smarts 
  5. Asian Inspired Pulled Pork Salad @Jo and Sue
  6. Vietnamese Pulled Pork Salad +Peachy Palate 
  7. Lemon Rosemary Pork Chops with Arugula Salad @Healthy Seasonal Recipes 
Seafood
  1. Shrimp Cobb Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinagerette @+Damn Delicious 
  2. Buffalo Shrimp Salad @+Add a Pinch 
  3. Healthy Grilled Tilapia Salad @Comeback Momma
  4. Blackened Salmon with Avocado Ranch Dressing @Handle The Heart
  5. Seared Salmon Over Mixed Greens @Spicy Southern Kitchen
  6. Simple Cold Crab Salad @+Amazing Seafood Recipes 
  7. Lobster Salad with  Lemon Dressing @Jo and Sue
  8. Fish Taco Salad with a Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing @+The Wicked Noodle 

Meatless

  1. Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Dressing@+The Garden Grazer 
  2. Candied Pecan, Craisin, Feta Salad with Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette @Chef in Training
  3. Pumped Up Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing@Running to the Kitchen
  4. Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing @+Pinch of Yum 
  5. Skinny Taco Salad @Gimme Some Oven 
  6. Spinach Tortellini Salad @No Biggie
  7. Butternut Squash and Smoky Black Bean Kale Salad@Eats Well With Others
  8. Pomegranate Orange Salad @Chelsea's Messy Apron

Fruit

  1. Pineapple Spinach Salad@The Food Charlatan 
  2. Inner Goddess Detox Salad@Iowa Girl Eats
  3. Sweet Detox Salad@Olives & Garlic
  4. Massaged Kale with Mango & Avocado @Healthy Food for Living
  5. Baby Kale and Strawberry Summer Salad @+Eating Bird Food 
  6. Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad @Damn Delicious
  7. Avacado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing @Gimme Some Oven
Do you have any other favorite salad recipes?


Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out my 26 Healthy Soup Recipes!


Maker sure to check out where I party!



11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list of 50 salads, I will be a few of them. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! My doctor told me to start losing some weight, so these are going to come in handy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and best wishes for you weight loss! :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. AWESOME LISTING! I am following from the Lets Get Real Blog Hop!!! Can not wait to make some of these!!! Heather from frugalfitfamily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list and how you put it together. I have picked you as my fav link at last week's Teach Me Tuesday linky party. You will be featured this week and you've been pinned to our special board. Thanks so much for linking up with us and grab a featured button if you haven't already.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  5. You go girl! I love salads and making new ones, but my hubby just likes the regular old ones. He's afraid of change! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'll have to convince him to try new salad recipes :) hehe

      Delete
  6. Hi! This is such a wonderful list of salads and I noticed that you had soups, too. I shared your link on my FB page and I've pinned it on my Pinterest. Thank you so much! Here's a link to my FB: https://www.facebook.com/MarshaRecipes

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik